Skip to main content

Frog Loan

I was reading through some old documents I've had saved for a while. Over a the next couple weeks I'll share them, but here's one just for fun. Enjoy!

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed. Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You're singing it, aren't you? Yeah, I know you are........)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just for fun

I'm looking through my pictures, trying to find a specific one, but I've run across these four pictures that I just want to post. No big reason other than it was a fun weekend. A while ago Stess came up to Ptown and we got to hang out with our "Brothers" Ryan and Kyle. Kyle didn't look at the camera, Ryan made a face, my camera didn't focus on Stess and I, and then the sky was just cool. So, for no real reason, enjoy!

Thursday top ten

So I know this is early but I have reason to write it today and not friday. Ten reasons I'm glad it's Thursday... 1. I have Friday and Monday off, so it's a 4 day weekend! 2. I got a couch this past weekend, so there's room to come visit me. 3. Stess' birthday is on Tuesday 4. I'll see my parents and Stess on Saturday when I pick them up from the airport 5. I get to go to the airport 6. I get to drive a big red diesel truck 7. I may go to the beach this weekend 8. Finally I'm reading "The Shack" and it's really good 9. I have peanut butter chocolate skinny cows at home 10. Thanks to Lani, I have "Alias" at home!

Oregon stereotypes

Okay, so my friend Nicole sent me this email and I loved it. Enjoy! "Lake Oswego Barbie" This princess Barbie is sold only at the Pioneer Square Mall. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a cookie-cutter house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version. "Beaverton Barbie" The modern day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Windstar Minivan and matching gym outfit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately. "Woodburn Barbie" This recently paroled Bilingual Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about. "Bend Barbie...