Skip to main content

Peanut butter eggs and jell-o

Once again I find myself reading all my favorite blogs and bummed that there isn't anything new. And once again I figure the best way to get you all to write is to write something of my own. That and life is going on and there are a few random things I want to write about. Not of particular importance, but life I guess.
This past weekend was very busy and crazy and wonderful! It started with getting off work early on Friday! I love it! Stacy picked me up and we went down south to Corvallis. We made it just in time for the Good Friday service at Faith. It was a good service, but I'll be honest, I got more out of just being with friends and family than anything else. (This wasn't due to any defficiency on anyone's part, just my lack of a spiritual focus...) Stess and I stayed in Lebanon Friday night as she and my parents were leaving for Denver on Saturday.
Saturday I drove back up to Portland with my family and took them to the airport. They're headed to Denver to spend Spring Break with some of my family. Lucky them, they get to spend the week in the mountains. Snow, sunshine, not working, and family. On the plus side, I got to use my parents truck to get a futon! I'll ad pictures later. It's a very nice futon and will work as an extra bed for Stess when she comes to visit. (Or anyone else who wants to...)
I drove back down to Corvallis Saturday night and spent the night at Stacy's. We went to Faith on Sunday and stayed for an amazing worship time. Afterwards we headed back to her parent's for a great dinner and fun playing Apples to Apples.
Lastly but not the least, Monday was an aweful day at work. I was on the senior line and it felt like every other call was a supervisor call! My first one of the day, had a guy screaming, litteraly screaming, at me because I wasn't going to refund him his money for support that we gave. Left me feeling like jello, you know the feeling after you work out really hard and your muscles are just mush. Yep, that's what it felt like. Honestly that call was more fun than anything. I wasn't going to budge and he gave me reason to hang up on him but he hung up on me fist. However, after that call came others. I'd guess about a third or my calls were supe calls with upset people. I don't mind a few a day, but every other call? I gave myself permission to cry after work. And Tuesday was a better day and today's going pretty good.
So all in all, had a great weekend, the weeks going good and I'm off this Friday and next Monday so I'm happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family who read this, and to anyone else who happens along! While I'm stuck at work, for a short shift, and wishing I were with family I thought I'd post something, since I have the time and this list seems to be making it's way throughout bloggland. Yes, I borrowed this from Stacy who borrowed it from... My Favorites of the Christmas Season: Smell - Baking (pumpkin bread, nutmeg, cinamon, bananna bread, fudge...) Song - Angels we have herd on high Food - Mom's swedish bread Symbol - christmas lights Tradition - Chinese food on Christmas Eve followed by opening up one gift, usually pajamas if they were under the tree Movie - White Christmas Sweet - fudge Gift Received - Last year mom got be a book I didn't think she'd actually buy and I've loved having it! There's a link to it here . Gift Given - I was pretty excited about my Dad's gift several years back. Compiling his music into one big 3 ring binder. Meal - Ha

Oregon stereotypes

Okay, so my friend Nicole sent me this email and I loved it. Enjoy! "Lake Oswego Barbie" This princess Barbie is sold only at the Pioneer Square Mall. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a cookie-cutter house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version. "Beaverton Barbie" The modern day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Windstar Minivan and matching gym outfit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately. "Woodburn Barbie" This recently paroled Bilingual Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about. "Bend Barbie

Mi Primera Fin de Semana en Espana - My first weekend in Spain

This was my first view from my hotel when I arrived on Friday afternoon:  After a short nap, MUCH needed but short because I did want to sleep later that night, this was the view that I woke to... The clouds had burned away and it was SO beautiful! There's a beautiful walkway along the ocean. People are always walking, running and biking along it. I discovered that, though I'd bought an adapter at home, it was not the correct one for Spain. So I headed out to explore and with one thing in mind. Stopping first at the reception desk, I exchanged some money and asked for directions to a location where I could purchase said adapter. Thankfully they had a map that they gave me and pointed out a store just up the street that would probably have what I was looking for. Before walking up the streets in search, I stopped to admire the view closer.  This statue is located right outside of the hotel. Here's a close up:   As I sat in this area I obviously loo