Skip to main content

Over the mountains and through the woods

My roommate flew out to the East coast last week to meet her brother and drive back to Portland with him. She left her car and told me to feel free to use it! Seeing as I don't have a car anymore, this was really nice. I got to thinking on Wednesday or Thursday that it would be really fun to go to the beach. Then I though, why not get a hotel room and stay a night? So, I got online and found a cute hotel in Cannon Beach, cannonbeachhotel.com. I noticed they had this deal for last minute bookings, half off! So on Thursday I called and booked a room for Saturday night. I ended up splurging a bit and got a "Premier" room. It was that or the "Basic" and though they both looked nice, the Basic was missing a tub and fireplace.
So, I headed over on Saturday and I am SO glad I went! It was gorgeous on Saturday and the drive over was very nice. My room was amazing! A great four poster bed, a gas fireplace, an awesome tub... It was wonderful.
I'm thinking this is going to become a yearly, if not bi-yearly event... I bought a disposable camera on my way over, so once I get those developed, or rather onto a cd, I'll consider posting some pictures.
In the meantime, I highly recommend the Cannon Beach Hotel. It was very cute and with the half of deal, worth every penny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just for fun

I'm looking through my pictures, trying to find a specific one, but I've run across these four pictures that I just want to post. No big reason other than it was a fun weekend. A while ago Stess came up to Ptown and we got to hang out with our "Brothers" Ryan and Kyle. Kyle didn't look at the camera, Ryan made a face, my camera didn't focus on Stess and I, and then the sky was just cool. So, for no real reason, enjoy!

Barn Party 2007

I had a great time tonight at the 3rd Annual Barn Party! For the first time I entered into the chili contest and the pie contest. I was quite surprised to actually win both! Of course, mine was the only fruit pie, but I was up against some tough competition with spicy chili. Especially since I don't really like chili, or spicy stuff. I had Crista taste it first, and then another friend. I actually didn't taste it until after Stess had put some in her bowl. Wow it was spicy! I do have a funny story to go along with my items. Pictures are worth a thousand words, unfortunately I don't have a picture of this, so you'll have to use your imagination. On the way to the party Stess had the crock pot of Chili sitting in a large cardboard box on her lap. In her hand was the pie in it's pie plate. We were driving her little Mustang and I was driving, trying to do so carefully so as not to spill the chili or dump the pie. We went up a small hill and realized that the chili wa...

Thursday top ten

So I know this is early but I have reason to write it today and not friday. Ten reasons I'm glad it's Thursday... 1. I have Friday and Monday off, so it's a 4 day weekend! 2. I got a couch this past weekend, so there's room to come visit me. 3. Stess' birthday is on Tuesday 4. I'll see my parents and Stess on Saturday when I pick them up from the airport 5. I get to go to the airport 6. I get to drive a big red diesel truck 7. I may go to the beach this weekend 8. Finally I'm reading "The Shack" and it's really good 9. I have peanut butter chocolate skinny cows at home 10. Thanks to Lani, I have "Alias" at home!